*This Review Contains Spoilers*
The Winter Solstice. In a week. I was still new enough to being High Lady that I had no idea what my formal role was to be. If we’d have a High Priestess do some odious ceremony, as lanthe had done the year before. A year. Gods, nearly a year since Rhys had called in his bargain, desperate to get me away from the poison of the Spring Court to save me from my despair. Had he been only a minute later, the Mother knew what would have happened. Where I’d now be. Snow swirled and eddied in the garden, catching in the brown fibers of the burlap covering the shrubs My mate who had worked so hard and so selflessly, all without hope that I would ever be with him We had both fought for that love, bled for it. Rhys had died for it.
Page Length: 272
Publication Date: 1st May 2018
Characters: Feyre, Rhys, Azriel, Elaine, Nesta and the rest of the Inner Circle
This book yall! I have very mixed feelings… for the most part, I loved it but there were a few things that really irked me. Firstly let’s look at the good:
- Rhys’s POV – For the first time we got a good few chapters from the Highlord of the Night Courts perspective and it was everything!! It was great to get a chance to see what goes on in his mind and really feel what he is feeling. There’s one particular chapter where he visits Tamlin and just so freaking awesome!
- Az and Elain – I love these 2, their interactions are just so damn adorable, I love their friendship and in a way I would like to see them together maybe… I change my mind a lot on this subject sometimes I want her with Lucian and other times I think her and Az should be a thing.
- Nessian – Ah I’m so excited to read their story – is it wrong that I’m hoping for angry sex?
- Tamlin – Great to see he’s still suffering!
- Wall Scene – Finally!
- Annual Illyrian snowball fights – just so funny
and now on to the bad:
- Fayre – I loved Fayre’s throughout the series and I have sympathized a lot with what she has been through but in this book, she really really fucking annoyed me. She was a bitch to Lucian for no good reason and I felt like she had no patience with Nesta and no understanding of what she went through, which is ridiculous when you consider all the things Feyre has suffered, I would have hoped she would have had a bit more sympathy for her but she just wanted her Nesta to just be ok for her own piece of mind
- Changing storytelling – This book jumped between 3rd and 1st person and I’m not going to lie – I fucking hated it.
- Mor – Yeah she just bored me in this book, I feel like her character is doing a little bit of a 360, in ACOMAF she is a badass motherfucker but its like she has regressed a little bit in this book.
- Feyre and Rhys decided to start trying for a child – I really really felt like this was just so fucking predictable.
I think I have covered everything, so mostly it was an awesome read with just a little splash of annoyance. I think it was a good way to wrap up Rhys and Fayres story and I’m excited to read the stories of the other members of The Inner Circle.