Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion hosted by Rainy Day Ramblings. A wide range of topics from books to blogging is discussed. Weigh-in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.
The topic this week is “What mistakes have you learned to stop repeating when it comes to reading and blogging?”
There are a few:
1. I try not to get caught up in hyped-up books anymore. I’ve been burned way to much in the past before by this and 9 times out of 10 I end up disappointed.
2. Forcing myself to read books that I’m not really in the mood for, I’m very much a mood reader so it never works well when I do this.
3. Blogging all of the time. When first started out I found myself constantly writing/preparing posts. I’m much better at pacing myself now. I don’t post every day and that’s ok.
4. Scheduling regular breaks, I used to just go months and months without stopping and then I had a big burnout where I didn’t write for like 5 months and I knew it was time to reevaluate what I was doing.
5. Pacing myself with Netgalley – that site is like a drug.