Hey lovely people
Today I’m bringing you my reading challenges for 2022. I’ve decided to really simplify things this year. I’m sticking with usual Goodreads and Beat the backlist. The only other thing I’m adding is something I’ve come up with myself, which is a list of books “I must read in 2022” these are books that I really want to prioritise reading this year.
Last year I set myself the goal of reading 95 books, which I happily completed. This year I’ve decided to drop it right down to 60. Mainly because I want to focus on quality over quantity. I also want to try and read more fantasy and these just take me a bit longer to get through.
Beat the Backlist 2022
- The book must be published in the previous year or earlier (for the 2022 challenge, anything published in 2021 or earlier counts).
- You have to start and finish the book in 2022.
- And that’s it!
Any format, any genre. Re-reads count, and you don’t have to own the book. It’s open for the entire year so whenever you feel like jumping in, you can!
Last year I only managed 28/38 books that set my target at. This year I’m going to lower it a little bit to 30.
Books I must read in 2022
This challenge consists of me picking 10 books off my tbr and making sure I do read them in 2022. These books are:
- These Hollow Vows by Lexi Ryan
- Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco
- House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas
- Ink by Alice Broadway
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace
- Six Crimson Cranes by Elizabeth Lim
- Gild by Raven Kennedy
- Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson
- Savage Lands by Stacy Marie Brown